Apple Butter Stack Cake
Prep Time:45 mins
Cook Time:40 mins
- 350 Calories
- 6g Protein
- 13g Total Fat
- 50g Carbs
Whether your frontier is hosting an autumn gathering with family and friends or indulging in a tart-tasting treat to kick off the fall, this Old-Fashioned Apple Butter Stack Cake fires on all cylinders, from festive flavors to elevated nutrition. Crafted with 100% whole grain flapjacks, each layer is lathered with a generous heap of spiced, salted apple butter. Fall never tasted so sweet and satisfying.
- 4 cups Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups apple butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F and trim 8 – 9” circles out of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Then, mix in vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture alternatively with the buttermilk, making sure to begin and end with the dry.
- Evenly divide the dough into 8 pieces and form each into a disk in the center of the parchment circles.
- Dust the top of each disk with Kodiak mix or flour and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to the edges of each parchment circle.
- Transfer the parchment circles with the rolled-out dough onto a sheet pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Repeat with remaining dough until all layers are baked.
- Once all the layers have cooled, assemble the cake by spreading 1/3 cup of apple butter between each layer. Dust the top layer with powdered sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving*.
*Refrigerating for 24 hours before serving will allow the cake to moisten and become easier to slice.