Bear Bite Bark
- 150 Calories
- 3g Protein
- 17g Carbs
- View Full Info
Need a new chocolate bark recipe for your next potluck, party, or late night craving? Look no further than this easy-to-make Bear Bite Bark. Five different layers of chocolate, apples, nut butter, more chocolate, and Kodiak Cakes Bear Bites makes it difficult to stop at just one serving. Do you prefer milk or dark chocolate? What about almond or peanut butter? This recipe yields endless possibilities to customize your chocolate bark.
Dark Chocolate Layer:
- 1-1/2 cup of dark or semi-sweet chocolate melting wafers (270g or 9oz), melted
- 1 to 1-1/2 cup of freeze dried apple slices (any unsweetened dried fruit will work), broken into bite sized pieces
White Chocolate, Nut Butter + Bear Bites Layer :
- 1-3/4 cup of white chocolate melting wafers, divided (about 300g or 12 oz), melted
- 6 Tablespoon nut butter, sun butter or tahini, divided
- 3 cup of Kodiak Cakes Cinnamon Bear Bites, divided (almost one box)
Special Equipment Needed:
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Line a baking sheet or cake pan with parchment paper, leaving some excess to make removing the bark easier.
- Melt chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave starting at 1 minute, stirring with a dry spatula. Heat additional 30 seconds at a time until fully melted.
- For the white chocolate, divide into two separate bowls for melting- one bowl should have about 1-1/2 cup and the other 1/4 cup.
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir in 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoon) nut butter into the melted 1-1/2 cup white chocolate bowl. Stir in 2 Tablespoon nut butter into the 1/4 cup white chocolate bowl. Set aside.
- Measure out 2 cups bear bites, crush into smaller pieces. Mix into the bowl with the 1-1/2 cup white chocolate. Measure out 3/4 - 1 cup bear bites, crush into slightly smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Evenly pour the melted dark or semi-sweet chocolate onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Spread into a thin layer. Spread dried apples pieces on the chocolate. Evenly pour the white chocolate and bear bite mixture on top of the apple slices. Pour the remaining white chocolate and nut butter mixture on top.
- Top with remaining bear bites. Lightly press into the melted chocolate.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into pieces. Alternatively, use your hands to break into pieces. Can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Enjoy!