Cajun Bakes Onion Rings
- 283 Calories
- 12.6g Protein
- 4.7g Total Fat
- 47.5g Carbs
- View Full Info
Looking for the perfect side dish for your next bbq? This cajun bakes onion rings recipe uses a spice blend to add some kick to this classic recipe. Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix gives the batter even more flavor.
Recipe provided by Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- One large white or yellow onion
- 1-1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk Water
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray or lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Peel onion and slice into 1/4 to 1/2 inch rings. Separate inner rings.
- Mix Kodiak Cakes mix and buttermilk together in medium bowl. Add a little water, as needed, to reach the consistency of thin pancake batter.
- In a separate bowl, whip eggs together. Add about 3 tablespoons water and whip until mixed and frothy.
- In a third bowl, mix panko bread crumbs and spices.
- Dip each onion ring into Kodiak Cakes mix, then dip in the egg mixture and finally coat with the panko mixture.
- Place each ring onto cookie sheets and bake 10 minutes. Turn over and bake for 5 more minutes. Serve hot with favorite dipping sauce!
*Note: The panko mix tends to get clumpy as you dip. To prevent this, just use a portion of the panko mixture at a time.