Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Waffles
- 76 Calories
- 4g Protein
- 12g Carbs
Take your waffle game to the next level with this delicious chocolate chip banana nut waffle recipe. Using our Buttermilk and Chia Energy Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix as a foundational ingredient, this banana nut protein waffle recipe is the perfect pick-me-up breakfast for those big days you need the nourishment of 100% whole grains, protein, and simple, clean ingredients to help you conquer your frontier.
Recipe provided by Recipe provided by Corina Nielsen
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk and Chia Energy Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large whole eggs
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon honey or sweetener of choice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup milk of choice
- 3oz banana Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- OPTIONAL 1/4 cup chopped walnutsÂ (included in nutrition facts)
- Place all ingredients (EXCEPT chocolate chips and walnuts) into a high speed blender and mix on high until completely smooth.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- If batter is too thick after 5 minutes, add a little more milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cook waffles or use batter to make pancakes.
- Top with walnuts and maple syrup if desired. Makes approximately 15 four-inch waffles.