- 130 Calories
- 2.4g Carbs
Our Cornbread Stuffing Recipe will make a great addition to your next dinner or backyard barbecue. Made with our Homestead Style Cornbread Cornbread Mix, this homemade cornbread stuffing combines the nourishment and great taste of 100% whole grains and simple, non-GMO ingredientsÂ Â with onions, diced celery, and minced garlic, resulting in stuffing that pairs perfectly with everything from turkey dinners to barbecue and hamburgers.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or 1 tablespoon each
- olive oil and unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried sage, or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- One batch of Kodiak Cakes Homestyle Cornbread Mixed prepared as directed on the box (*make 1-2 days before)
- 1/2 cup milk or chicken broth (or as necessary), for moistening
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter if baking separately
- Prepare Kodiak Cakes Homestyle Cornbread as directed on the box. It is best to make it 1-2 days before to allow it time to dry out.
- Crumble the prepared cornbread, you can do this in a food processor fitted with the steel blade
- Heat the olive oil (or oil and butter) over medium heat in a large, heavy, nonstick skillet, and add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about three minutes, and add 1/2 teaspoon salt and the celery. Cook together for another few minutes, until the onion is tender. Add the garlic, and stir together for 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl, and add the remaining ingredients. Combine well. Taste and adjust salt. Moisten as desired with milk or chicken broth.
- Stuff the cavity of the turkey, or transfer to a buttered or oiled 2-quart baking dish. Dot with butter. Cover with aluminum foil, and heat through in a 325-degree oven for 30 minutes.