Crockpot Beef Stew & Cornbread Muffins
- 24g Protein
- 25g Carbs
- View Full Info
Simple, delicious, and savory, this Beef Stew with Cornbread Dumplings Recipe makes a filling, nourishing dinner you can feel good about serving your family. Not a fan of beef stew? No worriesâthis easy-to-follow recipe teaches you how to make cornbread dumplings you can pair with your favorite soup, and theyâre made using Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread to make each dumpling a great-tasting source of protein and 100% whole grains.
Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
IngredientsFor stew: 2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil 1 large red onion 2 lbs. beef stew meat 6 cloves garlic 4 stalks celery 6 carrots 2 cups sweet potatoes 4 cups beef stock 1 14-oz. can stewed tomatoes 1/4 cup fresh basil 1/4 cup fresh parsley 2 tablespoons fresh oregano 2 teaspoons dried thyme 1/2 teaspoon paprika Salt and pepper to taste 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 2 tablespoons corn or tapioca starch 2 tablespoons cold water For cornbread muffins: 1 box Kodiak Cakes Cornbread Mix 1-3/4Â cup milk 2/3 cup butter, melted 2 eggs
- Heat olive oil in large pan on the stove.
- Mince onion.
- Add onion and beef to pan and brown meat on all sides.
- Mince garlic and add to pan; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add beef and onion mixture, along with all pan drippings, to crock pot.
- Chop celery, peel and chop carrots, and cut potatoes into bite-sized chunks. Add to crock pot, along with beef stock and tomatoes.
- Roughly chop fresh herbs. Add basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, paprika and salt and pepper to pot.
- Cook on low 7-9 hours, until meat is tender and veggies are cooked through.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir corn/tapioca starch into cold water in a small bowl, and then add to the soup and stir. Allow to heat in crockpot for a few minutes to thicken.