Huevos Rancheros on Cornbread Waffles
- 462 Calories
- 25g Protein
- 65g Carbs
- View Full Info
Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 1 box Kodiak Cakes Cornbread Mix
- 1-3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoon oil or melted butter + extra for greasing
- 1 [16 oz.] jar your favorite salsa *no sugar added
- 1 [16 oz.] can low-sodium refried beans
- 6 eggs
- Optional toppings: cilantro, pico de gallo, feta cheese, avocado slices
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine Kodiak Cakes mix, water, and oil in a bowl and mix until combined. Grease waffle iron and pour about 1/2 cup batter onto iron. Cook until done and repeat with remaining batter.
- Pour salsa into a medium skillet and heat on medium heat until warm and slightly reduced, stirring occasionally. Pour into a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Scoop the refried beans into the same skillet. Heat on low until warm, stirring continuously. Remove from skillet, place on a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean. Add a drop of oil to the skillet, and swish pan to spread the oil. Crack the eggs (works best if you just cook two at a time) onto skillet and cook on low heat until whites are cooked through. Remove from skillet and repeat until all eggs are cooked.
- Assemble: Place one cornbread waffle on a plate and smear with refried beans. Place a fried egg on top of beans and pour the desired amount of salsa on top.
- Top with additional desired toppings and enjoy immediately!