Mini Berry Galettes
- 210 Calories
- 4.9g Protein
- View Full Info
Add some French flare to your baking creations with this Mini Summer Berry Galettes recipe. Made with Kodiak Cake Buttermilk Power Cakes, the crust is protein-packed and made with 100% whole grains. Meanwhile, a fresh fruit filling and whipped cream finish makes this the perfect summer treat.
- 1 pound strawberries(hulled and cut into small pieces)
- 11 ounces blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1-1/2 cup cold, unsalted, grass-fed butter
- About 12 tablespoon ice water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- sugar for garnish
- Prepare pie crust by putting Kodiak Cakes mix in a large bowl.Â Cut cold butter into small pieces. (cut butter into the mix using a pastry cutter or two butter knives until butter is the size of peas.)
- Make a well in the center of the mix and add cold water by tablespoons.Â Combine just until the dough sticks together and forms a ball
- Bring pie crust to room temperature by allowing it to sit on kitchen counter for about 15 minutes. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and blueberries. Sprinkle with sugar and cornstarch, gently toss with fruit to coat. Gently stir cinnamon and lemon zest and set aside mixture
- Carefully roll one of the pie crusts on a lightly floured surface. Using a bowl with a diameter of approximately 4-1/2" to cut circles out of the dough, similar to how a cookie cutter is used(you should be able to get 4 circles out of 1 pie crust). Repeat process with remaining pie crusts.
- Lay on of the 4-1/2" circle pie crusts onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place approximately 1/4 cup of fruit mixture in the middle of the pie crust, leaving the edges empty. Take not to scoop excess liquid that might form with the fruit(using a slotted spoon can help). Bring the edges up over part of the fruit filling, overlapping them as necessary until all the edges have been brought up around the fruit. Gently press together the areas where the crust overlaps to help ensure that they stay up and around the fruit. Repeat process with remaining pie crusts.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg and water with a fork until combined. With a pastry brush, brush crusts with egg wash. Sprinkle with additional sugar both on crusts and on top of fruit mixture.
- Bake galettes in oven for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm or cooled. If desired, top with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.