Mini Pot Pies
- 458 Calories
- 24.4g Protein
- 23.4g Total Fat
- 38.7g Carbs
- View Full Info
Our Mini Pot Pie Recipe is a must-try if youâre a fan of savory pies. Getting an extra boost of flavor thanks to a 100% whole grain crust crafted with Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk and Honey Frontier Cakes, this quick and easy take on classic pot pies takes just 55 minutes to makeâwith just 15 minutes of that being baking timeâmaking this a quick, convenient solution when you donât have a whole lot of time to make dinner.
Recipe provided by Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 stalks celery
- 5 carrots
- 6 tablespoons Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk and Honey Frontier Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups cooked turkey or chicken
- 1-1/2 cups peas
- 1-1/2 cups pearl onions
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk and Honey Waffle Mix
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Â¾ cup half-and-half
- Â½ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt oil and butter in large sautÃ© pan.
- Chop onions and celery and peel and chop carrots. Add to pan and sautÃ© until soft.
- Turn heat to low, sprinkle Kodiak Cakes mix over veggies, and stir for about one minute.
- Add chicken stock slowly to the pot.
- Cook on low for about 5 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Add cooked chicken, peas, onions, and chopped parsley.
- Add half-and-half and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put mixture in 9" x 13" pan, or divide between 8 to 10 large ramekins (about 8 oz.) if making individual portions. Bake about 15 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixer.
- Chop cold butter into small pieces and add to mixer. Mix on low until butter is about the size of peas.
- Add half-and-half and parsley. Mix on low just until dough forms.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough with rolling pin until just less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut dough into circles (about 3â wide)
- Take stew out of oven, and place biscuits on top. Brush with an egg wash, if desired, and place in oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.