Mini Pot Pies
- 458 Calories
- 24.4g Protein
- 23.4g Total Fat
- 38.7g Carbs
- View Full Info
Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 stalks celery
- 5 carrots
- 6 tablespoons Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk and Honey Frontier Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups cooked turkey or chicken
- 1-1/2 cups peas
- 1-1/2 cups pearl onions
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk and Honey Frontier Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt oil and butter in large sauce pan.
- Chop onions and celery and peel and chop carrots. Add to pan and saute until soft.
- Turn heat to low, sprinkle Kodiak Cakes mix over veggies, and stir for about one minute.
- Add chicken stock slowly to the pot.
- Cook on low for about 5 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Add cooked chicken, peas, onions, and chopped parsley.
- Add half-and-half and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put mixture in 9" x 13" pan, or divide between 8 to 10 large ramekins (about 8 oz.) if making individual portions. Bake about 15 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixer.
- Chop cold butter into small pieces and add to mixer. Mix on low until butter is about the size of peas.
- Add half-and-half and parsley. Mix on low just until dough forms.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough with rolling pin until just less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut dough into circles (about 3" wide)
- Take stew out of oven, and place biscuits on top. Brush with an egg wash, if desired, and place in oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
Note: If you make this ahead, place stew in the 9" x 13" pan or ramekins, cover, and refrigerate. Make biscuits, cut them out and cover. Refrigerate separately. Bake stew for about 25 minutes before placing biscuits on top. Then cook about 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden and stew is bubbly.