- 234 Calories
- 7.6g Protein
- 17g Total Fat
- 13.4g Carbs
- View Full Info
Quiche Cups make a tasty addition to your Sunday brunch. This easy-to-follow recipe takes less than an hour to make, and the crust uses Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes to give the the crust the hearty texture of 100% whole grains.
Recipe provided by Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1 cup cold, unsalted butter, organic, and grass-fed
- About 8 tablespoon ice water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 4 mushrooms
- 4 spears asparagus
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Several drops hot sauce, depending on heat level preference
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 2 muffin tins and set aside.
- Put Kodiak Cakes mix in a large bowl. Cut cold butter into small pieces and add.
- Cut butter into mix using a pastry cutter until butter is the size of peas.
- Make a well in center of mix and add cold water by tablespoon. Combine just until the dough sticks together and forms a ball.
- On a floured surface, roll dough until very thin. Cut 5-inch rounds out of dough (can use a round bowl as a template).
- Place each 5-inch round in a muffin cup and mold dough into cup. Crimp top edges like a pie crust.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add diced onions and sautÃ© until soft. Add diced mushrooms and asparagus and cook another 2 minutes.
- Crack eggs in a medium-sized bowl and whip. Add rest of filling ingredients, stir together, and pour into unbaked shells.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until eggs are set and crust is golden brown.
- Let cool in tins for 5 minutes and then remove carefully.