Salsa Verde Breakfast Bake
- 142 Calories
- 12g Protein
- 5g Total Fat
- 11g Carbs
Spice up your breakfast routine with this Salsa Verde Breakfast Bake. This recipe uses eggs, Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes, and chopped veggies to put a south-of-the-border spin on the classic breakfast casserole.
- 2 cups plain egg whites
- 3 Large whole eggs
- 1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa verde (+ 3 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 cup veggies of choice (mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, etc.)
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 8 cooked turkey breakfast sausages
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or almond cheese if dairy free
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Add eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper, Kodiak Cakes mix, and 3 tablespoons of salsa verde to a blender. Mix on high until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a casserole dish with non-stick spray. Finely chop veggies of choice.
- Add 4 tortillas to the bottom of casserole dish. Cover with 1/2 of egg mixture and sprinkle with chopped vegetables. Layer with 4 more tortillas, remaining egg mixture, and remaining veggies. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until center is set and top is golden brown. Drizzle with salsa verde and top with cilantro. Serve with fresh guacamole or avocado.