Tuscan Vegetable Soup & Cornbread
- 288 Calories
- 8 Protein
- 17 Carbs
- View Full Info
Be sure to try this Italian-inspired recipe for dinner this week. If youâve been wondering how to make Tuscan vegetable soup, youâll be surprised how easy it really is! All you have to do is heat a small amount of oil in a pot then add minced celery and garlic. After the vegetables have had a chance to saute for about five minutes, simply add diced potatoes and carrots to the pot along with vegetable stock. While the soup simmers, continue to add the rest of the vegetables until itâs ready to serve in about thirty minutes. While the soup is cooking on the stovetop, be sure to bake a batch of Kodiak Cakes Homestead Cornbread for the perfect complementary side to this healthy, savory soup!
Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 3 celery ribs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup red potatoes
- 5 carrots
- 6 cups homemade or canned chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 can cannellini beans or small white beans
- 2 fresh tomatoes or 1 can stewed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Pecorino, Parmesan or favorite hard Italian cheese
- Fresh basil
- 1 box Kodiak Cakes Cornbread Mix
- 1-3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Heat oil in large stock pot.
- Dice onion and celery ribs, and add to pot, along with minced garlic. SautÃ© for 5 minutes.
- Dice potatoes, and peel and dice carrots. Add to pot with stock and herbs.
- Simmer about 20 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Chop zucchini into bite-size pieces and cut cabbage into small, thin ribbons.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Dice fresh tomatoes, if using.
- Add zucchini, cabbage, beans and tomatoes to pot.