Tuscan Vegetable Soup & Cornbread
- 288 Calories
- 8 Protein
- 17 Carbs
- View Full Info
Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 3 celery ribs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup red potatoes
- 5 carrots
- 6 cups homemade or canned chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 can cannellini beans or small white beans
- 2 fresh tomatoes or 1 can stewed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Pecorino, Parmesan or favorite hard Italian cheese
- Fresh basil
- 1 box Kodiak Cakes Cornbread Mix
- 1-3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Heat oil in large stock pot.
- Dice onion and celery ribs, and add to pot, along with minced garlic. SautÃ© for 5 minutes.
- Dice potatoes, and peel and dice carrots. Add to pot with stock and herbs.
- Simmer about 20 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Chop zucchini into bite-size pieces and cut cabbage into small, thin ribbons.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Dice fresh tomatoes, if using.
- Add zucchini, cabbage, beans and tomatoes to pot.