Waffles & Gravy
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:15 mins
- 560 Calories
- 21g Protein
- 40g Total Fat
- 29g Carbs
- View Full Info
Our Waffles & Gravy recipe is for all those Kodiak fans whose backyards are a little more red rocks and tumbleweeds than winds and the willows. It’s our spin on some southern comfort, and if you’re looking for a little more spice toss some red pepper flakes or tabasco on top.
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 2-3 Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk & Vanilla Thick & Fluffy Power Waffles
- Place sausage in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Add the butter and flour to the sausage and stir. Cook for 1 minute until the butter is melted and flour is no longer visible.
- Add the milk 1/2 cup at a time, stirring and bringing to a simmer between each addition.
- Simmer the gravy over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, pepper, and optional chili flakes and stir to combine. Turn heat to low to keep the gravy warm while preparing the waffles.
- Microwave the Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk & Vanilla Thick & Fluffy Frozen Waffles for 30 seconds, then toast on the lowest setting until hot and crispy.
- Serve each toasted waffle with a spoon-full of gravy on top.