From mealtime to snack time, it’s important to sneak good, wholesome ingredients into your kids’ food to help boost their brain power and focus in the classroom. But we all know how picky some little eaters can be, which is why we’ve crafted four great-tasting recipes to help you prep for your kids back-to-school meals and snacks. And the best part is, each recipe only takes about 30 minutes or less to prepare and serve!
Pancake Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups
Total Time: 20 mins | Makes: 4-6 Roll-Ups
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes
- ¾ cup water
- 4-6 cheese slices
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Stir Kodiak Cakes mix and water together until the batter is combined.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto a heated and greased pan or griddle. Cook on medium-high heat, or 375°F, until bubbles form on the top.
- Flip and continue to cook until lightly brown.
- Remove flapjacks from heat and let cool for 1 minute.
- Place a cheese slice on each pancake and roll tightly.
- Melt the butter over the griddle and palace rolled pancakes seam side down over the melted butter. Once the cheese begins to melt, the seam will stick together.
- Use a spatula to flip the roll until the outside is golden brown and all the cheese is melted.
Banana Split Yogurt Parfait
Total Time: 5 mins | Makes: 1 parfait (2 servings)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 6 strawberries, diced
- 1 Kodiak Cakes Crunchy Granola Bar, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp. chopped nuts, seeds, or dark chocolate
- Place bananas into a bowl.
- Top with Greek yogurt, strawberries, Kodiak Cakes Crunchy Granola Bar, and chopped nuts, seeds, or dark chocolate.
Baked Pizza Muffins
Total Time: 28 mins | Makes: about 15 muffins
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes mix
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- Extra marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine Kodiak Cakes mix, egg, milk, sour cream, butter, and marinara sauce until combined.
- Gently fold in cheese and mini pepperoni
- Fill greased or lined muffins cups 3/4 full and top with an additional sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping.
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Total Time: 35 mins | Makes: about 18 cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut oil or butter
- ¼ cup sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Power Oats Oatmeal Canister
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup optional stir-ins: chopped nuts, seeds, or dried fruit
- In a medium saucepan, melt the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and coconut oil over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in the Kodiak Cakes Power Oats and cocoa powder, and optional stir-ins until combined.
- Scoop cookies onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Store refrigerated for up to 7 days.
*Note: These cookies may melt when left at high temperatures and need to be stored in the fridge, making them a great choice for an after-school treat.
Do you have a favorite back-to-school recipe to add? Share your creations with us on social media by tagging @kodiakcakes.com.
Sign up for our weekly Bear Bulletin and be the first to hear about exclusive news, promotions, recipes, and recent bear sightings at Kodiak Cakes!