Following a gluten-free diet is a growing trend and has been for a number of years. You may choose to eat gluten free for medical reasons or simply because it makes you feel better. Whatever your reason may be, we’ve got three new gluten-free recipes featuring Kodiak Cakes Frontier Oat Gluten-Free Mix that you can now add to your recipe box!
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
Total Time: 3 ¾ hours | Makes 8 cinnamon rolls
- 2 1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Gluten-Free Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 2 tsp. instant yeast
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk, warm
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Grease an 8x8 pan with butter, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Kodiak Cakes mix and instant yeast.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, warm milk, melted butter, and sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until a dough has formed.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel or plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar and ground cinnamon to make cinnamon sugar.
- Once an hour has passed, roll the dough into a ¼” thick rectangle shape, between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Spread the softened butter over the rolled dough. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the dough and gently press it into the butter.
- Roll the dough into a log and cut into 8 rolls. Place into the prepared pan and cover.
- Rest the dough for 1-2 hours or refrigerate overnight. (If refrigerating, remove the dough from the fridge 1-2 hours before baking).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 14-18 minutes or until golden.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make the icing by using an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue mixing until smooth.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla.
- Spread icing over the slightly warm cinnamon rolls.
Gluten-Free Honey & Oat Bread
Total Time: 55 mins | Makes 10 servings
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Gluten-Free Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- Additional gluten-free rolled oats for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the Kodiak Cakes mix and rolled oats.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, Greek Yogurt, milk, oil, and honey until smooth.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry until combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with additional oats.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick into the center comes out clean.
Gluten-Free Summer Fruit Crisp
Total Time: 40 mins | Makes 8 servings
- 5-6 cups sliced seasonal fruit
- ½ cup Kodiak Cakes Gluten-Free Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 tbsp. butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place sliced fruit into a 9x9” baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Kodiak Cakes mix, rolled oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut the cold butter into cubes and work into the mixture using a pastry cutter or your hands, until crumbly.
- Spread an even layer of the crisp topping over the fruit.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Which one of these gluten-free recipes do you want to try first? If you have any other recipe favorites, we’d love to hear about them! Tag us in your creations on social media using @kodiakcakes and #kodiakcakes.
Sign up for our Bear Bulletin newsletter to receive more news and deals from Kodiak Cakes right in your inbox!