Snacks & Sides
Cheddar Jalapeño Drop Biscuits
Kiwi and Carrot
- 1/4 cup cold grass-fed organic butter + 1 tablespoon for topping
- 2-1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pure, raw honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-2 jalapenos, about 1/3 cup diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut 1/4 cup cold butter into small cubes. Combine butter cubes with Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix in a food processor and pulse 5-8 times, until butter is cut into pea-sized pieces.
- Add salt, honey, and buttermilk. Pulse until the dough forms a sticky ball. Add shredded cheese and diced jalapenos. Pulse just until incorporated.
- Carefully remove the blade from the food processor. If jalapenos aren’t evenly distributed throughout the dough, use your hands or a mixing spoon to gently fold them in until evenly dispersed.
- Scoop up the dough using a small ice cream scoop (3-4 tablespoons) and drop onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Will make 12 biscuits.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Cover with tin foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- While baking, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a microwaveable bowl. Mince garlic into bowl and stir gently to combine. When biscuits are baked, remove from oven and immediately brush garlic butter on top of each one.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.