2 tablespoons dry yeast
2 tablespoons honey
1-1/2 cups warm water
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 to 4-1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Whole Wheat Oat & Honey Frontier Cakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 to 2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce + more for dipping
2-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups total pizza toppings – mini pepperoni, diced ham, sliced olives, and pineapple tidbits, etc.
1.Combine the yeast, honey and warm water in a standing mixing bowl. Let sit for about five minutes until the yeast begins to bubble.
2. Add the oil, 4 cups of Kodiak Cakes mix and salt. Blend on low using a dough hook.
3.Increase the speed and knead for 8-10 minutes. If the dough is sticking to the sides of the bowl, add more Kodiak Cakes Mix. (It should stick to the bottom of the bowl but pull away from the sides)
4. Cover the bowl and let rise for 30-40 minutes
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
6. Spray counter top with non-stick cooking spray and roll dough out into a large rectangle about 1/4 inchthick. Top with pasta sauce and spread to coat dough. sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Add pizza toppings- we did a section of dough for pepperoni pinwheels, another section with just cheese and a third with ham and pineapple. Top with another 1 cup of cheese.
7. Starting with one of the long sides of the rectangle, roll dough up tightly, pinching the seams to close at the end. Use a sharp, thin knife to cut 1 1/2 inch sections of dough from the large roll. This will result in about 15 pinwheels.
Recipe Makes approx. -16 Servings
Serving Size = 1 pinwheel