Pumpkin Spice Donuts
1/2 cup coconut sugar*
1 cup canned pumpkin purée** (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted***
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk****
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Kodiak Cakes Pumpkin Flax Flapjack and Waffle Mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
For the optional glaze:
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
1-1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
* Other sugars will also work – brown sugar would be a good substitute.
**Sweet potato or butternut squash purée could be substituted for the pumpkin. Fresh roasted pumpkin (mashed) could also be used.
***Substitute with melted butter or olive oil, if preferred.
****Other milk varieties will work. I love using unsweetened vanilla cashew milk too.
Nutritional information does not include the optional glaze.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray – even if it’s a nonstick pan.
- Stir all wet ingredients (sugar, egg, pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla) in a large mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients (Kodiak Cakes Mix, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin spice) and mix until completely incorporated.
- Spoon batter evenly into donut pan or transfer batter to a baggie with one corner cut off (to allow for squeezing the batter out of the baggie and into the shape of a donut on the donut pan). You will have enough batter for 12 donuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, prepare ingredients for glaze. Wait to warm the glaze, though, until after the donuts have baked and cooled.
- For the glaze, heat ingredients in a shallow microwavable bowl in 30-second increments. Whisk each time you check the ingredients, until they are completely melted.
- When donuts have cooled for approximately 10 minutes, transfer them to a wire cooling rack. Dip each donut into the heated glaze. Decorate with sprinkles if you like, and enjoy! Alternatively, dust with powdered sugar.
Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Recipe Makes approx. 12 Servings
Serving Size = 1 donut