- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes mix
- 1 cup butter, cold
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 5 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- Add Kodiak Cakes mix to a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into cubes and work into the mix by hand.
- Add ice water.
- Mix until a dough is formed.
- Flatten the dough into two even discs and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid turns translucent, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- On a floured surface, roll each disc of pie dough ¼” thick.
- Optional: Use a small knife to cut a pie symbol out of the center of one of the rolled crusts.
- Place the bottom crust in a pie tin, fill with cooled strawberries, and top with the dough with the pi symbol cut-out.
- Place the pie in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the dough with egg and bake for 35-40 minutes.