- 510 Calories
- 21g Protein
- 23g Total Fat
- 56g Carbs
- View Full Info
- 1 box Kodiak Cornbread Baking Mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilis
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- Cilantro for topping
- Green onion for topping
- Sour cream for topping
- Combine Kodiak Cornbread Baking Mix, milk, eggs, and oil and hand stir until fully combined.
- Pour the cornbread batter into a greased 10-inch cast iron pan.
- Cover and bake surrounded by hot coals for 10 minutes*. Be sure to place coals on top of the lid to ensure even cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine the black beans, corn, green chilis, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- When the cornbread is finished baking, remove from coals and use a knife to poke holes all over the surface.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over the cornbread.
- Top with the black bean mixture and cover with cheese.
- Cover the pan and place back over coals or a grate over a fire for 1 teaspoon chili powder for 5-10 minutes or until the filling is hot and cheese is completely melted.
- Serve topped with cilantro and sour cream.
*Tip: Bake at home in an oven set to 350°F for 30-35 minutes.