- 290 Calories
- 16g Protein
- 40g Carbs
No burger is complete without a bun, which is why we created this whole-grain hamburger bun recipe using Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes. These hamburger buns are perfect for any burger or sandwich you have planned to serve at your next bbq or dinner party, and each one boasts 16 grams of protein.
- 4-1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cup water, warm
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large bowl, combine Kodiak Cakes mix, instant yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Knead in the egg, butter, and water until smooth.
- Let rest for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 8 even pieces. Shape each into smooth rounds and place on a sheet pan. Cover and let rest for an additional 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the top of each bun with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.