Strawberry Jelly Roll
- 220 Calories
- 5g Protein
- 2g Total Fat
- 45g Carbs
- View Full Info
This Strawberry Jelly Roll recipe transforms this classic summer dessert to a healthy treat. Simply combine Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes with eggs and sugar to create a light, fluffy cake that's protein-packed and contains whole grains.
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry jelly
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 10” x 15” pan with parchment paper. Generously grease the paper with non-stick spray or melted butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix and baking powder together until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs on high speed for about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in milk and vanilla on low speed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread completely to the corners.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Prepare a large kitchen towel with a fresh sheet of parchment paper equivalent to the size of the pan.
- Immediately loosen cake from the sides of the pan and turn upside down onto the parchment on the kitchen towel.
- While the cake is hot, carefully roll cake and towel from the long end. Set aside and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- When cake is completely cooled, unroll, remove the towel, and carefully remove parchment paper.
- Spread jelly over the cake.
- Roll up the cake and dust with powdered sugar before serving.