Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert
- 5g Protein
- 58g Carbs
This blueberry cheesecake dessert recipe pairs perfectly with summertime backyard barbecues and casual dinner parties alike. Simply combine ingredients with Kodiak Cakes Blueberry Muffin Mix, spread mix in a parchment-lined jelly roll pan, and bake crust for 25-30 minutes. After baked crust has cooled, add the blueberry filling and let chill in the fridge before serving. Not only does this blueberry cheesecake dessert recipe taste great, but it only takes about 90 minutes to make from start to finish.
- 1-14 oz Kodiak Cakes Blueberry Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts, not chopped)
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into tablespoons
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
for blueberry filling:
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
for cream cheese layer:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature, not low fat
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place Kodiak Cakes Muffin Mix, nuts, and 1/2 cup butter in a food processor -and pulse until ingredients are mixed -and chopped.
- Spread mixture onto a parchment lined jelly roll pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- When cooled a bit, use a spatula and break up the crust, leaving some of the pieces in chunks. Set aside until cooled completely. This step may be made up to two weeks before serving. Store the crust in a bag until ready to use.
- Place 2 cups of the blueberries in a saucepan and heat up over medium heat. Add 2/3 cups granulated sugar, 4 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water.
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes until mixture thickens and bubbles. Use a potato masher and mash the blueberries in the pan. Add 2 remaining cups blueberries, mix and remove from heat.
- Set in fridge and let cool completely.
Whipped cream layer:
- Whip heavy whipping cream in a large bowl or in a stand mixer. Slowly add powdered sugar. Set in fridge until ready to add to cream cheese layer and add as a topping for dessert.
Cream cheese layer:
- Beat 8 oz cream cheese, 2 cups powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix until there are no lumps in cream cheese. Fold in 1 cup of whipped cream.
- Place 3/4 of crumb mixture in bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Spoon cream cheese layer on top of crumbs.
- Spoon blueberry layer on top of cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining whipped cream over blueberry layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over top of the whipped cream layer.
- Refrigerate overnight or for a least 3 hours before serving.