Cinnamon Apple Cobbler
- 230 Calories
- 2g Protein
- 11g Total Fat
- 29g Carbs
- View Full Info
The taste of warm, crisp apples folded in a savory crust truly is a thing of comfort, and the evidence lies in this Apple Cinnamon Cobbler. So, what are you waiting for? This year’s apple harvest is ripe for picking, and on a brisk autumn night, you’ll find comfort in a warm bowl apple cinnamon crumble while sitting next to the fire.
- 6 medium size apples
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cup Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled, and cubed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and thinly slice 6 apples.
- Heat a large cast iron over medium heat and add the apple slices, maple syrup, butter, and cinnamon.
- Sauté the apples for about 10 minutes until they become tender but not fully cooked.
- Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Kodiak mix and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Add the chilled and cubed butter, and work the butter into the mixture using your hands. When the mixture is crumbly and well-combined, add in the buttermilk and stir to combine.
- Using your hands, take chunks of the cobbler dough and place over the warm apples.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cobbler is golden.
- Let the cobbler cool for about 20 minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!