- 214 Calories
- 11g Protein
- 8g Total Fat
- 27g Carbs
This Cornbread Muffin Recipe uses Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread Mix, fresh jalapeño, and crispy bacon to give each muffin a satisfying taste you'll crave for breakfast or an afternoon snack. It's a unique and savory take on muffins!
- 1 box Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread Mix
- 3 tablespoons oil or melted butter
- 1 small jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 thick bacon slices (reserve fat)
- 1-3/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 large whole eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a muffin tin with non-stick spray or butter. Add bacon to a large cast- iron skillet set under medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, crumble, and reserve fat from pan. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine cornbread mix, eggs, milk, and reserved bacon grease. Mix well until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese, chopped jalapeño, and bacon crumbles.
- Pour mixture into prepared cupcake pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes until top is golden brown. Add additional bacon crumbles, cheddar cheese, green onion, and jalapeño if desired.