Heart-Shaped Sugar Cookies
- 240 Calories
- 3g Protein
- 14g Total Fat
- 28g Carbs
- View Full Info
It’s all about that base with these heart-shaped sugar cookies—cue Kodiak Buttermilk Flapjack & Waffle Mix. Whole grains taste better and as the main ingredient, it takes a classic sugar cookie to the next level. Want to spread the love—it’s an affection dish worth swooning over.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-3 tablespoons milk
- Red + Pink food coloring
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl. Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract; Beat mixture until smooth. Scrape down the sides of your bowl with a spatula and beat one more time to combine.
- Add the Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix to the wet ingredients and mix in until just combined. Press the dough together to form a flat disc, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Lightly flour a smooth clean work surface, and roll dough out to a thickness of about ½ inch. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out your shapes and place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet allowing about 1 inch between each cookie cut out.
- Place your sheet of cookie cut outs in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes and Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and bake cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just a light golden brown.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack completely before frosting. Decorate as desired.
*Note: If you are using large and small cookie cutters, you will want to bake all the small cookies on one sheet and all the large cookies on another. This will ensure even baking.