Orange Peel Oatmeal
- 280 Calories
- 11g Protein
- 9g Total Fat
- 42g Carbs
- View Full Info
Oatmeal in an orange peel...why the heck not? This campfire Orange Peel Oatmeal recipe brings the tangy, vibrant taste of oranges to your warm, hearty oatmeal breakfast. Touted for its earthy look and feel, each bite is packed with the good stuff like protein and hardworking whole grains. It’s fun to make, fun to eat, and a natural fit for your campfire gatherings.
Pro Tip: Feeling really adventurous? Throw in some chocolate chips on top for breakfast that’ll light a fire in your belly to explore more.
*Note: This recipe requires one hour to preheat a campfire, which is not included in allotted cook time but noted in the directions.
Recipe provided by Sarah Glover
- 4 whole oranges, plus the juice of 2 oranges
- 3 packets Kodiak Cinnamon Oatmeal Packets
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (or toppings of your choice!)
- Light your fire and let it burn down for 1 hour or until you obtain medium heat.
- Slice off the tops of the whole oranges, set the lids aside, and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Juice two of the oranges (if you didn’t come prepared with extra juice), and enjoy the remaining flesh separately or set aside for another use.
- Stir together the oatmeal, pecans, and orange juice in a bowl, and spoon the oatmeal and orange mixture into the hollowed-out oranges. Top with the orange peel lids.
- Wrap the oranges in foil, taking care to keep the oranges upright and place them in the coals of the fire to cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the oatmeal is cooked through.