Summer BBQ Salad
- 130 Calories
- 1g Protein
- 0g Total Fat
- 31g Carbs
- View Full Info
Knock your next cookout outta the park with this can't-pass-up Summer BBQ Salad. This dish doesn't just pack in the greens, but with some Kodiak Raspberry Fruit Syrup, this recipe's raspberry bbq sauce also brings the taste of summer — with a slight kick. Don't just wow your guests, wow your taste buds too!
*note: cook times and nutrition facts are for the raspberry bbq sauce only.
Recipe provided by Moments of Wild
- 1 x 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Raspberry Fruit Syrup
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 x Raspberry BBQ Chicken breast
- 4-6 cups spinach
- 4-5 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 of a cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Add all ingredients to a heavy bottomed saucepan and whisk together.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour BBQ sauce into a mason jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add spinach to a large salad bowl. Top with fresh strawberries, cucumber, goat cheese and avocado.
- Barbeque chicken breast to appropriate temperature and brush with prepared Raspberry BBQ Sauce.
- Slice into strips and place on top of prepared salad. Enjoy!