Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie
- 280 Calories
- 7g Protein
- 35g Carbs
- View Full Info
- 1-1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1-15 oz. can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix and salt.
- Work the cold, cubed butter into the mix by hand until crumbly.
- Mix in ice water until a dough is formed.
- Flatten the dough into a disc and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a floured surface, roll one disc of pie dough 1/4" thick.
- Transfer the dough into a 9" pie pan and cover with parchment paper. Fill the parchment-covered pan with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Then, remove the weights and parchment paper and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- Whisk the pumpkin purée, evaporated milk, brown sugar, eggs, flour, spices, and salt until fully combined. Add mixture to pre-baked pie crust and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the custard is set or reaches an internal temperature of 170° F.