Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie
- 280 Calories
- 7g Protein
- 35g Carbs
- View Full Info
This Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Recipe will have you rushing through the main course just to get to dessert. Pumpkin pie has been an American staple from the first Thanksgiving to the wild frontier, and into today's celebrations. It's a family favorite and with this Kodiak Buttermilk Flapjack & Waffle Mix based crust, it gets even better. Easy to make and full of whole grains, it takes grandma's pumpkin pie recipe to a whole different level.
- 1-1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1-15 oz. can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix and salt.
- Work the cold, cubed butter into the mix by hand until crumbly.
- Mix in ice water until a dough is formed.
- Flatten the dough into a disc and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a floured surface, roll one disc of pie dough 1/4" thick.
- Transfer the dough into a 9" pie pan and cover with parchment paper. Fill the parchment-covered pan with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Then, remove the weights and parchment paper and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- Whisk the pumpkin purée, evaporated milk, brown sugar, eggs, flour, spices, and salt until fully combined. Add mixture to pre-baked pie crust and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the custard is set or reaches an internal temperature of 170° F.