Butternut Squash Pizza with Bacon, Sage, Caramelized Onions, and Balsamic Drizzle
This butternut squash pizza with bacon, sage, caramelized onions, and balsamic drizzle is a pizza you'll wish was on every menu once you give it a try. The perfect combination of sweet and savory, all sitting atop a whole grain crust and blanketed in melted cheese. It's pizza perfection as far as we are concerned.
- 2 balls of Kodiak Cakes Protein Pizza Dough, rolled out
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 2 cups roasted butternut squash, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1/2 cup thick cut bacon, roughly chopped, slightly crisped
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 10 fresh sage leaves, left whole
- Store bought balsamic glaze
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula, divide the cheese mixture between the two rolled out pizza doughs, spreading an even layer to the edges, leaving 1/2" border. Don't feel the need to use all of the mixture, you want the layer to be somewhat thin.
- Divide the shredded mozzarella cheese, butternut squash, bacon, and caramelized onions evenly over the two pizza doughs. Top with fresh sage leaves.
- Cook in the Ooni pizza oven for 60 seconds, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Drizzle each pizza with a generous amount of balsamic glaze. Slice and serve hot.
*Note: Cook time varies depending on the oven. If cooking in a traditional oven, we recommended baking your pizza on a pizza pan or stone at 450° F for 8-10 minutes.