Heart Shaped Pizza
- 213 Calories
- 10g Protein
- 14g Carbs
It's always the right time for pizza and this Heart Shaped Pizza recipe gives an already cheesy dish an extra special touch. This romantic dish is fun and easy to make, but even better to eat! Use Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix to make a delicious, yet healthy pizza dough that adds protein and whole grains to every slice. Looking to add a little more love? Use a 1" cookie cutter to create adorable pepperoni hearts.
You will need:
- One 3-1/2 inch heart cookie cutter
- One 1-inch heart cookie cutter
- 2-1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1-3/4 cups Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pizza sauce
- shredded cheese
- 1 (6 oz.) package pepperoni
- Add yeast, honey and warm water (110º F) to a mixing bowl and let the yeast rise for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the dough ingredients and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a clean bowl greased with olive oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 50-60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- While dough is rising, cut hearts out of pepperonis with the 1-inch cookie cutter. (You can stack 4-5 pepperonis and cut multiple at a time to make it faster). Set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface. Use the 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter to cut hearts out of the dough. Place on greased or parchment-covered baking sheets. (About 10 pizzas per baking sheet). Top each pizza with a spoonful of pizza sauce, a pinch of cheese and 2-3 heart pepperonis.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes and enjoy warm!