CAMPFIRE PESTO & GRILLED PEACH PIZZA
- 170 Calories
- 10g Protein
- 4.5g Total Fat
- 22g Carbs
- View Full Info
Forget wood fired pizza, roll up your sleeves and enjoy cooking this campfire pizza over an open flame. The key? Preparation. When gearing up for your next overnight outdoor outing, prep the pizza dough so it’s all ready for the adventure ahead. And as all great things go, this one takes time. BUT we promise it’s oh, so worth it! With a flaky crust topped with savory cheese, pesto, and a sweet grilled peach, this campfire pizza takes your tastebuds on their own adventure.
Recipe provided by Moments of Wild
- 1-3/4 cups Kodiak Power Flour
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons active yeast
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
Pesto & Grilled Peach Pizza Toppings
- 1 large peach, grilled
- 1 ball of Burrata cheese
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- 4-5 Fresh Basil leaves
- Salt + pepper to taste
Get this product Find in stores
Overnight Pizza Dough
- This can be made 1-3 days ahead of time.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Kodiak power flour, bread flour, salt, and yeast. Drizzle warm water over dry ingredients and use a spoon to mix into a rough shaggy dough. Cover dough with plastic wrap and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for 5-6 minutes or until a smooth elastic dough forms. Lightly oil a large bowl and place dough into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature overnight.
- The next morning turn dough back onto a clean dry work surface and divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Working with one dough ball at a time, take an edge section of the dough and gently pull it outwards and then fold it into the middle; take the next edge section and repeat, working your way around the dough (about 5-6 times). The dough ball will get tighter and start to form a ball as you do. Once you have made your way around the dough, turn the ball upside down onto your un-floured work surface. Gently cup your dough ball and roll the ball in between your hands 6-8 times, allowing the seam on the bottom to pull tight.
- Lightly grease two bowls with olive oil and place the dough balls into the bowls. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit in the fridge until ready to use. Up to 72 hours in the fridge or cooler.
- Proceed with Campfire recipe as per instructions below.
Campfire Pizza Assembly & Cooking
- When you are ready to bake your pizza, remove the dough from the fridge or cooler and allow to come to room temperature for 15-30 minutes before stretching (depending on how warm it is)
- Build a fire and preheat a 9-10 inch cast iron skillet over a campfire grill.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and gently use your fingers to press the dough out into a disk. Now, use your hands to gently stretch the dough from the centre outwards, working your way around the dough evenly until it is stretched to about a 9 inch disk.
- Gently transfer your dough to the preheated cast iron skillet and allow to cook until golden on the bottom about 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, slice your peach and set the slices on the grill beside your pizza, watching them carefully to ensure they don’t burn. Once they are cooked, you can remove them from the grill or set them to the side away from the flame and coals.
- Carefully flip your dough and allow to cook again for another 5-7 minutes.
- While the bottom half of your pizza is cooking, add your toppings. Spread the pesto out over the top of the pizza dough, Top with burrata cheese, grilled peaches, fresh basil and pepper to taste. The burrata will get nice and melty as the bottom cooks.
- Once the bottom half of your pizza has cooked, remove it from the heat, slice and enjoy!
*Pro tip: If you have other toppings you would like to use, you can simply use the same method and substitute your favorite toppings! Pepperoni and Mozzarella work perfectly!