Caramel Apple Crumble
- 350 Calories
- 6g Protein
- 11g Total Fat
- 56g Carbs
- View Full Info
Make the most of this year’s apple harvest with this Caramel Apple Crumble. There are few things that taste as sweet as granny’s famous homemade apple pie, but this recipe will give her a run for her money! From the buttery crust with just enough crunch, to the tart apple slices sweetened with cinnamon and caramel, each bite feels like a warm hug from Granny herself.
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
- 4 large Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup bottled caramel sauce (can use homemade, as well)
- 1 cup Kodiak Cinnamon Oat Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Vanilla ice cream, to top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel and core the apples. Slice into 1⁄2” thick wedges.
- Place the sliced apples in a mixing bowl and sprinkle the cornstarch and cinnamon over the top. Toss to coat the apples evenly.
- Place the apples in a 9” round or square baking dish. Drizzle the caramel sauce evenly over the apples.
- Place the Kodiak mix in a mixing bowl. Cut the butter into the mix with a fork or pastry cutter until the butter is the size of the small peas.
- Mix the water into the mixture with a fork until the mixture becomes clumpy.
- Sprinkle the oatcakes mixture over the top of the apples evenly.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the tin foil and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown and the caramel sauce is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream.