Chocolate Oatmeal Baked Donuts
- 343 Calories
- 5.2g Protein
- 16.4g Total Fat
- 45g Carbs
- View Full Info
You'll be surprised how easy homemade baked donuts are to make. This simple, easy-to-make Chocolate Oatmeal Baked Donut recipe takes less than an hour to make and is a healthier alternative to fried donuts. This easy baked donut recipe even uses Kodiak Cakes Dark Chocolate Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix to make each donut a source of 100% whole grains and protein. Top with your choice of shredded coconut, chopped nuts, white chocolate chips, sprinkles, or even mini chocolate chips!
Recipe provided by Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- Donut pan (6 donuts each)
- 2-1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Dark Chocolate Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure mint extract (optional)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted + some (not melted) for greasing pan Chocolate
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Shredded coconut, chopped nuts (cashews, pecans, almonds, etc.), white chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc. Be creative!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all doughnut ingredients in a standing mixer and mix until just incorporated.
- Grease a doughnut pan with coconut oil.
- Spoon batter into doughnut pan (to make this easier, use a pastry bag or sealable plastic baggie with one corner clipped off to pipe the batter into the pan. Fill 2/3 full.)
- Bake for 10 minutes or just until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Combine coconut oil and chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high until chocolate begins to melt, about 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. If needed, microwave for 10 more seconds, stir again and continue just until melted. Make sure not to overcook or chocolate will become clumpy.
- After doughnuts are cooled, drizzle ganache over them. (Put tin foil or parchment paper under cooling rack to catch chocolate drips).
- Allow chocolate to harden slightly (5-10 min) and then top with desired toppings.