Gluten-Free Homemade Cheese Crackers
- 415 Calories
- 14g Protein
- 31g Total Fat
- 22g Carbs
No gluten, no problem. These Homemade Cheese Crackers make using clean and simple ingredients look even tastier than your go-to grocery store boxed options. Just grab a box of Kodiak® Gluten Free Frontier Oat Flapjack & Waffle Mix and a few other simple ingredients for a cracker that’s cheesy, crunchy, and worth every minute it took to make them.
But the best part? You and the kids have a yummy snack with ingredients you trust. Happy snacking!
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
- 1 cup Kodiak Gluten Free Frontier Oat Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes, cold
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Salt to top
- Place the flapjack mix and cheddar cheese in a food processor. Process for 30 seconds, or until resembling coarse crumbs.
- Add the cold butter cubes to the food processor and process another 30 seconds, or until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- With the processor running, drizzle in the water and continue to process until a ball of dough forms.
- Press the dough into a disc shape and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chilled dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll to 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Cut the rolled dough into 1“ x 1“ squares. Use the bottom of a skewer to poke a hole into the center of each square.
- Place the dough squares 1/2-inch apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let crackers cool, then store in an airtight container.