Holiday Sugar Cookies
- 214 Calories
- 2g Protein
- 31g Carbs
It wouldn't be a holiday celebration without some Holiday Sugar Cookies! Be sure to try this holiday sugar cookie recipe when you go to make cookies for you next big holiday get-together. This easy-to-follow recipe calls for Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes to bring the nourishment of protein and whole grains to these delectable cookies, while a sweet cream cheese frosting and sprinkles give you the chance to add a bit more holiday flair to these sugar cookies.
For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 tablespoon milk
For the icing:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- holiday sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla until fully combined.
- Mix in Kodiak Cakes mix and milk.
- Press the dough together to form a flat disc, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough 1/8" thin and cut out circles using a round cookie cutter or the rim of a drinking glass.
- Place circles on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by creaming the butter until fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the icing on cooled cookies and top with holiday sprinkles.