Chocolate Dipped Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 250 Calories
- 4g Protein
- 16g Total Fat
- 26g Carbs
Ooo weee — if this waffle ice cream sandwich doesn’t bring your kids to the table, we don’t know what will. This simple recipe packs a mighty punch of chocolately flavor and the texture is, well, kid-approved! Cool off on those hot sunny days with a delicious treat that still delivers the good stuff—whole grains, protein, and a whole lotta flavor!
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
- 4 sets (½ package) Kodiak Cubs Original Adventure Waffles
- 1 cup cookies & cream ice cream
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Mini chocolate chips
- Toast four sets of Kodiak Cubs waffles. Let cool.
- Pull apart the waffles so that you have 16 individual waffle rounds.
- Place a two-tablespoon scoop of ice cream on 8 of the waffle rounds and press another waffle round on top to create 8 sandwiches. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring after each until the chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth and no lumps remain. Let the melted chocolate sit to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the sandwiches from the freezer and using a fork, dip each sandwich in the chocolate mixture, tapping off excess chocolate. Place each chocolate dipped sandwich on parchment paper and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, place the sandwiches in an airtight container and store in the freezer.