Taco Soup with Cornbread
- 279 Calories
- 19g Protein
- 21 Carbs
- View Full Info
Simple, easy, and oh-so satisfying, this Taco Soup with Cornbread recipe is a must-try. The easy taco soup recipe is ready to eat after simmering for just thirty minutes. And while the soup is simmering, you can throw Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread in the oven, so everything is hot and ready to enjoy at the same timeâwhat more could you want from a quick, easy midweek dinner?
Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 1-1/4 lbsÂ lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion choppedÂ (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 clovesÂ garlicÂ , minced
- 1 jalapenoÂ , seeded and finely chopped (optional)*
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (14 oz) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cupsÂ frozen corn
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese, chopped green or red onions, diced avocados and corn tortilla strips/chips
- Cook ground beef in a large stock pot along with chopped onion, crumbling and stirring occasionally until browned and adding jalapeno and garlic during last few minutes of browning.
- Drain excess fat. Stir in tomatoes with chiles, beef broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, ranch dressing mix and season with salt and pepper to tastes. Cover pot with lid and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in corn, black beans and pinto beans and cook until heated through. Add 1/2 cup water to thin soup if desired. Serve warm topped with desired toppings.