BACON FLAPJACK DIPPERS
- 110 Calories
- 6g Protein
- 3.5 Total Fat
- 13g Carbs
A stack that sizzles on the griddle is best when you add bacon to the mix—literally. These bacon flapjack dippers bring the salty sweet taste to a whole new level. The prep and cook time take only minutes to make but you can take all the time you want to savor these delectable dippers.
Recipe provided by @momentsofwild
- 1 cup Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 5 pieces thick sliced bacon
- Maple syrup
- Slice each strip of bacon in half and cook on both sides. *Note: If your bacon strips are already small, you may be able to skip this step. But if you have long slices, slicing them in half makes the size a bit more manageable for flipping once you add the flapjack batter.
- Meanwhile, combine the Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix and milk until smooth.
- Once your bacon is just about done cooking, remove it from the pan and set on a plate.
- Discard any excess bacon fat from the pan and set it back on the burner over medium low heat and grease with butter.
- Arrange 2 slices of bacon back in the greased pan, leaving about 2 inches on either side of each slice of bacon to allow for flapjack batter. Depending on the size of your pan you could add more slices at a time, just make sure you have enough room.
- Pour about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of prepared flapjack batter over top of the slice of bacon to cover it. Now you just cook it like a regular flapjack. Once you see bubbles on the top of the batter, your flapjack is ready to flip. Cook until golden on both sides.
- Repeat the process with remaining bacon strips.
- Serve warm with maple syrup. Enjoy!