Blackberry Lemon Galette
- 440 Calories
- 12g Protein
- 25g Total Fat
- 45g Carbs
- View Full Info
- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place Kodiak Cakes mix to a large bowl and work the cold, cubed butter into the mix by hand until crumbly. Add the ice water and mix until a dough is formed.
- Flatten the dough into two even discs and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine blackberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a large bowl; set aside.
- Unwrap and roll the chilled discs into 1/4-inch circles.
- Divide the blackberry filling between both crusts, forming a pile of fruit in the center while leaving a 2-inch border around the sides.
- Carefully fold the rim of the dough partly over the filling, overlapping each fold.
- Beat the egg and brush it onto the edges of the dough. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake the galettes for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden and the center is bubbling.
- Serve warm with ice cream.