Blackberry Lemon Galette
- 440 Calories
- 12g Protein
- 25g Total Fat
- 45g Carbs
- View Full Info
Keep blackberry season alive with this delicately delicious Blackberry Galettes recipe. Sweet, light, and perfect for picnics on the frontier French Riviera, wherever that might be? So whether it's a fancy garden party, a last minute dessert, or something sweet to top off your brunch menu this is a dish you won't want to skip out on. Even if the blackberries come and go there's no reason you can't make this pastry with whichever fresh fruit you prefer.
- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place Kodiak Cakes mix to a large bowl and work the cold, cubed butter into the mix by hand until crumbly. Add the ice water and mix until a dough is formed.
- Flatten the dough into two even discs and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine blackberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a large bowl; set aside.
- Unwrap and roll the chilled discs into 1/4-inch circles.
- Divide the blackberry filling between both crusts, forming a pile of fruit in the center while leaving a 2-inch border around the sides.
- Carefully fold the rim of the dough partly over the filling, overlapping each fold.
- Beat the egg and brush it onto the edges of the dough. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake the galettes for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden and the center is bubbling.
- Serve warm with ice cream.