Blood Orange Chocolate Tart
- 532 Calories
- 10g Protein
- 29g Carbs
Perfect for barbecues, get-togethers, and wintertime dinner parties, this blood orange dark chocolate tart recipe is an easy way to make great-tasting chocolate and blood orange tarts that can be enjoyed alone or as a complementary side to your next dinner. Chocolate blood orange tarts may just become a staple dessert for your dinner spread!
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Dark Chocolate Flapjack & Waffle mix
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cold
- 2 eggs
- 4 Lily's Blood Orange Dark Chocolate Bar (4 bars)
- 1-1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 blood orange, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- Place Kodiak Cakes mix and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into cubes and work into the mix by hand until crumbly.
- Stir in eggs until a dough is formed.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a clean, generously floured surface, roll the dough into a ¼" thick circle. Press into a tart or pie pan. Use a fork to poke multiple holes in the dough. Place a sheet of foil or parchment paper over the dough. Fill the inside with dried rice or beans.
- Blind bake the tart shell for 8-10 minutes.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Heat the cream until it starts to simmer. Remove the cream from heat and pour over the chocolate. Stir until smooth and shiny.
- Pour the filling into the tart shell and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish the tart with sliced blood oranges and pomegranate seeds. Serve chilled.