Blueberry Swirl Bagels
- 205 Calories
- 7.8g Protein
- 1.3g Total Fat
- 41.9g Carbs
- View Full Info
Recipe provided by Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 5 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Put warm water in the bowl of a mixer. Add yeast and honey and let sit 10 minutes until yeast softens and forms bubbles. Add Kodiak Cakes mix and combine with a dough hook on low for one minute. Increase speed to medium and knead for 7-8 minutes. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Cover bowl with plastic or dish towel and set in warm place to rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill a large pot with about 4 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn to simmer.
- Pound down the dough, and divide into 12 equal pieces. Form each into a smooth, round ball. Press thumb or finger into middle and move around to create a hole in the bagel.
- Place parchment paper on two baking sheets. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Working with 3-4 at a time, put bagels into simmering water. Cook for one minute, flip over and cook for one more minute.
- Take out with slotted spoon and place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat with all bagels. You can make the holes bigger if needed after simmering.
- Combine egg and water in a small bowl. Brush tops of bagels with egg.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.