Blueberry Swirl Bagels
- 205 Calories
- 7.8g Protein
- 1.3g Total Fat
- 41.9g Carbs
- View Full Info
This surprisingly simple homemade blueberry bagel recipe is a better way to bagel. Made with our Buttermilk Power Cakes, these blueberry swirl bagels contain more protein than your typical bagel, making this one of the best blueberry bagel recipes out there. And since the recipe uses fresh blueberries, you can cut the cream cheese for an even more healthy breakfast bagel.
Recipe provided by Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 5 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Put warm water in the bowl of a mixer. Add yeast and honey and let sit 10 minutes until yeast softens and forms bubbles. Add Kodiak Cakes mix and combine with a dough hook on low for one minute. Increase speed to medium and knead for 7-8 minutes. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Cover bowl with plastic or dish towel and set in warm place to rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill a large pot with about 4 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn to simmer.
- Pound down the dough, and divide into 12 equal pieces. Form each into a smooth, round ball. Press thumb or finger into middle and move around to create a hole in the bagel.
- Place parchment paper on two baking sheets. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Working with 3-4 at a time, put bagels into simmering water. Cook for one minute, flip over and cook for one more minute.
- Take out with slotted spoon and place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat with all bagels. You can make the holes bigger if needed after simmering.
- Combine egg and water in a small bowl. Brush tops of bagels with egg.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.