- 423 Calories
- 16.1g Protein
- 23.6g Total Fat
- 38.1g Carbs
- View Full Info
Try something new for breakfast with this mouthwatering breakfast pizza recipe. The crust is made using our Original Oat and Honey Frontier Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix, giving it a sweet, nutritious flavor. Top with shallots, bacon, cheese, and eggs for a unique breakfast the whole family will enjoy!
Recipe provided by Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-1/4 cups Kodiak Cakes Original Oat and Honey Frontier Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- Cornmeal for sprinkling
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, about 1/2 cup chopped
- 8 mushrooms
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 6-8 bacon slices
- 6 thin slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the yeast, honey, and warm water in a standing mixing bowl. Let sit for about five minutes until the yeast begins to bubble.
- Add the oil, 2 cups of Kodiak Cakes mix and salt. Blend on low using a dough hook.
- Increase the speed and knead for 8-10 minutes. If the dough is sticking to the sides of the bowl, add more Kodiak Cakes Mix. (It should stick to the bottom of the bowl but pull away from sides.)
- Cover the bowl and let rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on a pizza stone or baking pan. Roll dough out to desired thickness.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add chopped mushrooms and shallot and sautÃ© on low heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Cut bacon into bite-sized pieces. In the same skillet, cook bacon until it begins to become crispy. Remove from pan and dab with paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half. Top rolled-out pizza dough with cheese slices, mushrooms, shallots, bacon, and tomatoes.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While pizza is cooking, remove most of the bacon grease from the skillet. Heat skillet and fry 3 eggs. Remove the cooked pizza from the oven and carefully slide fried eggs onto the pizza.
- Top with fresh arugula, salt and pepper, and serve immediately.