Caramel Apple Pie
- 562 Calories
- 7g Protein
- 67g Carbs
Pairing perfectly with warm summer evenings and backyard barbecues, this Caramel Apple Pie Recipe is a must-try. The crust is made with Kodiak Cakes All-Purpose Baking Mix to embue this delicious, flaky pie crust with the great taste of 100% whole grains. The filling calls for tart yet sweet granny smith apples, warm cinnamon, and a hint of nutmeg. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream before serving.
Recipe provided by Live Laugh Yum
- 2-1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, very cold and diced
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons ice water
- 3 lbs granny smith apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, diced and very cold
- In a food processor, combined all ingredients and pulse until dough forms pea-sized crumbs.
- Add ice water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until dough forms a ball.
- Remove dough and form into a disc.
- Place in fridge while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix well until all apples are coated.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour/sugar mixture until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside to top the pie.
Assembling the pie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the crust from the fridge and flour a large surface.
- Roll the dough out until about 1/4 inch thick (you'll have extra dough, you can freeze it or make another pie!).
- Place the rolled out dough into a pie dish, prick the dough with a fork and cut off excess dough along the sides of the dish.
- Add your apple filling and spread evenly inside the dish.
- Top with crumble topping.
- Cover the pie with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Uncover the pie and bake for 10 more minutes to get the crumble browned.
- Top with salted caramel sauce (store bought), or you can make your own!
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and/or extra caramel sauce!