Chocolate Covered Bacon Flapjacks
Prep Time:20 mins
Cook Time:10 mins
- 410 Calories
- 19g Protein
- 19g Total Fat
- 47g Carbs
Stop scrolling and start drooling because the words “Chocolate Covered Bacon Flapjacks” are about to become the most important you’ve ever read. There’s a fork in the road at the intersection between sweet and savory, and you’re going to need it to devour this breakfast. We’ve doubled down on decadence by using our Dark Chocolate Flapjack & Waffle Mix here, but you can always lower the guilty pleasure level by using our Carb Conscious Mix and a few strips of turkey bacon instead.
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup candy coating chocolate
- Flaked salt
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Dark Chocolate Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cup water
- Maple syrup for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the bacon side by side on the tray,
- Cook the bacon for 18-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Melt the chocolate at 50% power in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Holding a strip of bacon at the top, carefully dip 3/4 of the strip into melted chocolate.
- Lay the chocolate dipped bacon on a pan covered with wax or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the flaked salt over the chocolate while it is still wet.
- Repeat with remaining slices.
- Stir the Kodiak Cakes Dark Chocolate Flapjack & Waffle Mix and water together until combined.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a heated and greased pan or griddle. Cook on medium-high heat or 375°F until bubbles form on top.
- Flip and continue to cook until golden brown.
- Stack flapjacks and top with chocolate covered bacon. Serve with maple syrup.