- 233 Calories
- 4.2g Protein
- 8.9g Total Fat
- 35.7g Carbs
- View Full Info
Our homemade cinnamon rolls recipe will make the perfect addition to your next Sunday brunch or big family breakfast. Giving each cinnamon roll the great taste of 100% whole grains and sweet flavor of honey, this recipe calls for Kodiak Buttermilk & Honey Power Cakes while an oh-so sweet glaze poured over each cinnamon roll gives each that distinct taste that makes it tough to eat just one.
Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3-1/4 cups Kodiak Buttermilk and Honey Frontier Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (NOT melted)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans, optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dissolve yeast and honey in warm water. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine 3 cups Kodiak Cakes mix, salt, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil, and egg.
- Add yeast mixture and mix on medium with dough hook until combined. If dough is sticky, add additional Kodiak Cakes mix, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture pulls away from side of the bowl and is not sticky to the touch.
- Knead on low for 3 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and rest in a warm spot for 15 minutes.
- Make the filling by combing all ingredients and stirring until mixed. Set aside. (Coconut oil may be slightly clumpy, that's OK).
- Roll dough out into a 12 x 15 rectangle. Spread filling to the edges and roll up lengthwise.
- Using floss or a sharp knife, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place one-inch apart on a greased baking dish. Cover with plastic or parchment and let rise 1 hour. (If they're not rising, place in the oven at 150 degrees until risen. Remove from oven before preheating).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake cinnamon rolls 14-18 minutes depending on your oven.
- While baking, make the glaze. Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Remove cooked cinnamon rolls from oven and drizzle glaze on top.