Dutch Oven Bread Pudding
- 360 Calories
- 13g Protein
- 13g Total Fat
- 47g Carbs
- View Full Info
Fresh fruit from grandma’s garden soaked in warm, Kodiak Thick & Fluffy Buttermilk & Vanilla Frozen Waffles (defrosted), butter and heavy cream mixed in…what sounds better than this bread pudding? Oh yeah, cooking it in a Dutch oven. Whether you’re bringing the cabin vibes in your city home, or you’re in the mountains at a family reunion, whip up this country dessert favorite for all to enjoy.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Kodiak Cakes Thick & Fluffy Buttermilk & Vanilla Frozen Waffles, defrosted
- 1/2 cup raisins (or pecans, chocolate chips, dried cranberries, etc.)
- 2 cups milk or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fresh fruit for topping
- Powdered sugar for topping
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon together until combined.
- Rip the defrosted Kodiak Cakes Thick & Fluffy Buttermilk & Vanilla Waffles into 1” chunks.
- Add the waffle pieces and raisins to the bowl with the egg mixture and gently toss until coated.
- Fold in milk or heavy cream until combined.
- Cover the bowl and let rest for 30-60 minutes to absorb the liquid.
- Heat the Dutch oven over hot coals. Add the butter and let melt. Carefully swirl the butter around to coat the bottom.
- Add the waffle mixture to the pre-heated Dutch oven.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place over a circle of evenly-spaced (about 1” apart) hot coals and set hot coals on the lid. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Alternatively, place the covered Dutch oven on a sheet pan and bake in the oven at 400°F for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve the bread pudding with fresh fruit and a dusting of powdered sugar.