French Toast with Carmelized Bananas
- 88 Calories
- 3.5g Protein
- 1.7g Total Fat
- 15.3g Carbs
- View Full Info
French toast with caramelized bananas is a great way to freshen up your breakfast. Made with Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes, this easy-to-make recipe offers the nutritional benefits of 100% whole grains and high protein.
Recipe provided by Recipe Provided By Kiwi and Carrot
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Pure maple syrup for topping
- Combine Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix and water, and stir well. Heat griddle and cook pancakes.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, almond milk, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to combine. Dip cooked pancakes into batter and heat on aÂ griddle.
- Slice bananas and place in frying pan. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and coconut sugar. Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantlyÂ until sugar caramelizes.
- Serve pancakes with caramelized bananas and maple syrup.