Here's another holiday favorite with a Kodiak spin - Gingerbread Flapjacks. That's right whether you prefer a gingerbread man or love a whole gingerbread house these will help you get your fix first thing in the morning. Top with maple syrup to keep things traditional or a dollop of whipped cream and some festive sprinkles to really add some holiday spirit.
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle mix
- 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk or water
- 2 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes mix, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk or water, molasses, and brown sugar together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until the batter is combined.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a heated pan or griddle greased with butter. Cook on medium-high heat or 375Â°F, until bubbles form around the edges.
- Flip and continue to cook until golden brown.
- Serve cooked flapjacks with maple syrup.