Halloween Sugar Cookies with Maple Frosting
Prep Time:30 mins
Cook Time:8-10 mins
- 200 Calories
- 3g Protein
- 10g Total Fat
- 25g Carbs
What’s scarier than a bland Halloween sugar cookie? Well, maybe one made with white flour, but that’s a convo for another day. But delicious taste is all your party guests will be “Mmm-ing” about after taking a bite of these Halloween Sugar Cookies. Make this recipe the star of your spooky spread and avoid the nightmare of serving tasteless treats!
- 1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 cup Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Optional: festive food coloring and/or sprinkles to give your cookies some holiday flare.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla,
- and beat until fluffy. Add the Kodiak Power Cakes and salt and mix until combined.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface until the dough is about ¼ inch thick (be sure to flour the top of the dough to prevent sticking).
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Using a spatula, gently lift cookies and place them onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Place cookies in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While cookies are baking, make the glaze. Over a small saucepan, melt the butter until lightly browned. Remove from heat and whisk in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. If you choose to use food coloring, add a little bit at a time until you reach your desired color.
- When the cookies have cooled, drizzle the glaze over each one in your favorite holiday designs and top with sprinkles if desired. Enjoy!